Monday, February 07, 2005

Animal of the Week February 07, 2005 -- Alligators

Before this date AOTW existed, and I know what the animals are from the dates of when the images were saved, unfortunately, I had no idea that AOTW would become a blog and I didn't keep them all.
I posted the AOTW from an internet cafe in New Orleans on the day before Mardi Gras 2005. I had by then tasted alligator stew. It was quite delicious.
I probably said something about distinguishing alligators from crocodiles. With their mouths closed you cannot see the teeth of alligators, whereas crocodiles' bottom teeth stick out.
Otherwise who knows. I had a great time in New Orleans, amazing. I feel so very lucky to have been able to go to what will likely turn out to have been the last proper Mardis Gras.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home